ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] Re: [alac-admin] Internal Procedures

  • To: "Sebastian Ricciardi" <sricciardi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [alac] Re: [alac-admin] Internal Procedures
  • From: Vittorio Bertola <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 10:42:56 +0200

On Wed, 9 Apr 2003 10:45:07 -0300, you wrote:

>It is also true that having a simple mechanism for Time Frames and Proxies
>is useful.
>I think we are all agree in settle a simple and effective mechanism of
>internal procedures.
>
>Thomas, would you be comfortable in  simplifying your draft deleting issues
>concerning Staff and Liasons interaction and the process of documentation ?
>We can agree very fast on Officers and Voting, proxies and time frame so
>let's do that.

It seems to me that there's general agreement on sections 1 and 2,
which are the ones which mostly need to be formalized, in my opinion.
I think we should also add a shorter version of 3, to prevent possible
discussions on that issue: just to say that we will prepare documents,
that some of us (members or staff) will be assigned the task of
editing them (like we did in the last conference call, for example),
and that there needs to be a final vote to approve the document. We
can leave the rest out if there's no consensus on it.

So please, everyone say what you think on this - I think that if
there's no support on preparing full internal procedures for now, the
above can be a good compromise for all.
--
vb.                  [Vittorio Bertola - vb [at] bertola.eu.org]<---