ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] Internal Procedures

  • To: "Sebastian Ricciardi" <sricciardi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [alac] Internal Procedures
  • From: Vittorio Bertola <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 09:36:34 +0200

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 17:05:38 -0300, you wrote:

>My comments in Blue.

I agree with many of your observations, but I really think that we
need to have a precise rule to establish without doubts that a
document can be considered "approved".

Even if all of us are cooperative and share similar views, there are
times (in fact there have already been) when two members of the
Committee really want different wordings and contents for the same
sentence. In these cases, the editor (whether it's Denise or one of us
doesn't make a difference) has to make a choice, and there needs to be
some clear way to ensure that the choice he/she makes is the most
supported one, otherwise you might end up in unpleasant discussions on
whether the choice was fair, and maybe in the document being publicly
challenged by some members of the Committee. This would be a disaster.
--
vb.                  [Vittorio Bertola - vb [at] bertola.eu.org]<---