ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

[alac] Archiving comments received? (Proposal.)

  • To: Denise Michel <denisemichel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, alac@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [alac] Archiving comments received? (Proposal.)
  • From: Thomas Roessler <roessler-mobile@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 23:37:26 +0200

Denise,

I'm starting to lose track of what kinds of comments are archived
publicly, and what aren't.  As far as I see, we still don't have any
publicly archived public comment submission address.  Is that
correct?

>From experience in the DNSO (and GNSO), publicly archived comments
are quite useful when you're actually interested in getting
opinions, and keeping a clear record of opinions received.  It helps
possible commenters to see what issues have already been raised by
others, and it also encourages them since it provides for a specific
way of, in fact, talking to the public.

PROPOSAL: Unless I'm missing an existing archive of a public comment
address, I'd hereby propose to archive everything sent to
alac-comments, to make that archive public, and to use a separate
address (like alac-comments-private) for private comments -- if
these are needed at all.  (Which I, quite frankly, doubt.)

(Setting up this kind of archive is a technical no-brainer.)

Regards,
--
Thomas Roessler                 <roessler-mobile@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>