ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

[alac] RE: Archiving comments received? (Proposal.)

  • To: <alac@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [alac] RE: Archiving comments received? (Proposal.)
  • From: "Denise Michel" <denisemichel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 19:20:45 -0700

As noted on our website, comments sent to <forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> are public.
When people start sending emails to this address they will be publicly
archived. (It seems this needs to be clarified/highlighted on the website??)
It would be useful if ALAC members could encourage organizations and
individuals in their region to use this list for public comments,
particularly for providing input on the pending issues highlighted on the
ALAC's website. (ICANN's technical support staff is working on setting-up an
indexed/sorted forum for the ALAC).

The address <alac-comments@xxxxxxxxx> is being used as a contact email for
the ALAC (and is forwarded to all ALAC members).  Messages to this list are
archived privately for future reference and recovery if needed. There are a
myriad of reasons people have for contacting the ALAC in a non-public
manner.  If the ALAC wants to explore other constructs for public and
private email lists, I'm sure Vittorio would add it to the committee's
"to-do list."  With proper notice, and support from ICANN's technical
support staff, all this could be changed.

Denise