ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] RE: Archiving comments received? (Proposal.)

  • To: "Denise Michel" <denisemichel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [alac] RE: Archiving comments received? (Proposal.)
  • From: Vittorio Bertola <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 10:17:03 +0200

On Mon, 21 Apr 2003 19:20:45 -0700, you wrote:

>As noted on our website, comments sent to <forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> are public.
>When people start sending emails to this address they will be publicly
>archived. (It seems this needs to be clarified/highlighted on the website??)

No, but then we have to advertise this address, rather than the other
one, when we ask for public comment on drafts. It's fine to have a
separate contact address for private enquiries, but public comment
should be archived publicly and automatically as it arrives, as it
already happens usually in ICANN.

I have been asked publicly to answer where public comments on this
draft are being archived, so please let me know whether the public
archival on the forum address is actually working now, or when it will
be. Also please forward comments received by the -comments address to
this list, as you are doing now - this way we will ensure they are
archived.
--
vb.                  [Vittorio Bertola - vb [at] bertola.eu.org]<---