ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] RE: Archiving comments received? (Proposal.)

  • To: Vittorio Bertola <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [alac] RE: Archiving comments received? (Proposal.)
  • From: Thomas Roessler <roessler-mobile@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 11:15:50 +0200

On 2003-04-22 10:17:03 +0200, Vittorio Bertola wrote:

> No, but then we have to advertise this address, rather than the
> other one, when we ask for public comment on drafts.

A link to the archive URL needs to be added to (1) the committee's
home page, and (2) to any documents posted for public comment.  If
the archive is empty, you put in a dummy message. (Like, "comments
will be received between a and b.") Besides that, it would be a good
idea to have separate comment addresses and archives for separate
issues -- that helps greatly when you want to revisit the record
later on.  Once again, this is something the {D,G}NSO has been
routinely doing for years, and I find it embarassing that we don't
at least meet their standards at this point.

(Setting up a comment address + archive @dnso.org usually happens
within a turn-around time of less than a day.)

Thanks,
--
Thomas Roessler                 <roessler-mobile@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>