ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] RE: Archiving comments received? (Proposal.)

  • To: Esther Dyson <edyson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [alac] RE: Archiving comments received? (Proposal.)
  • From: Vittorio Bertola <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 11:09:13 +0200

On Thu, 24 Apr 2003 11:17:29 -0400, you wrote:

>Thank you!  Denise and Wendy and I discussed this a little yesterday. Part
>of the issue is security, but I agree with you I can't figure out why we
>cannot get our act together.

When organizations don't deliver, usually it is due to lack of
resources, lack of good organization (process, communication...) or
lack of correct priorities. I would just like to understand what's
happened in this case, not to criticize anyone at ICANN, but to be
able not to make it happen again. If it's a problem about resources or
priorities, please let us know so that we can decide what to do and
how to find more resources focused on us. If it's a problem about
organization, let's try to understand why it didn't work and how can
we make it work next time. Or perhaps it was just a temporary/startup
problem and it won't happen again.

But while I don't care about insults or destructive criticism, I do
care about meeting my targets, and having the instruments to support
constructive discussion with the public is perhaps the most important
one we have now. So what happened in this case should not happen
again.

(And please let's put up and link the comments archive immediately.)

Thanks,
--
vb.                  [Vittorio Bertola - vb [at] bertola.eu.org]<---