Re: Suggestions for the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers

Brian,

	Would it not be fair to say that the United States maintains legal control
over the functions carried out by IANA? IANA is a function funded by the
Department of Defense, a contract between DoD and USC/ISI.  The U.S. is now
making the decisions regarding ICANNs taking over IANAs functions, not IETF.

Joseph