ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] RE: [alac-admin] Re: [ga] More ALAC Follies

  • To: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>, alac_liaison@xxxxxxxxxxx, vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [alac] RE: [alac-admin] Re: [ga] More ALAC Follies
  • From: Izumi AIZU <aizu@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 10:52:14 +0900

We have applied so called "hands-off" or "light-touch" approach
for the due deligence which means that we do not go deep
into investigating whether what they say is 100% true or not,
etc, since we are not equipped with much human resources.

We tend to "trust" what they write in the application and
try to verify them, but not more than that in general.

That does not mean we accept everything, of course,
and we tried to listen to other voices as well.

And, as for ccTLD in general, there are very diverse community
of ccTLDs, some are very narrow and business/commercial
oriented, others are wider and community/user oriented.
.us situation is quite different, for example, from say .jp or
.hk etc.

Personally, I think having their support to AtLarge activities
is not a bad thing at all, meaning they should also listen to
and involve with individual users at their respective home
community in making their own policy decisions rather than
operating isolate.

I have to catch the plan to fly to airport within a few hours,
so see you there to continue if that is the case.

izumi