ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] GAO Report on Domain Names

  • To: Bret Fausett <bfausett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [alac] GAO Report on Domain Names
  • From: Wendy Seltzer <wendy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 00:16:22 -0500

So whom can we lobby to get the GAO to look into the privacy concerns of domain name registrants and the amount of spam and solicitation that results from having accurate contact information in WHOIS?

I agree that GAO is generally unbiased, but some of the secondary items here, like the justifications for WHOIS accuracy, seem to have been taken right out of the IP subommittee's playbook rather than from any factual investigation.

--Wendy