ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] regional, cultural, city TLDs

  • To: John L <johnl@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [alac] regional, cultural, city TLDs
  • From: Jacqueline Morris <jam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 08:40:15 -0400

I totally agree - the role of the Board should be to set the policy and then
review it periodically, not sit and personally evaluate each applicant...
seems like they want to make work for themselves, or create a bottleneck and
discourage applicants by attrition! How long does it take now? 6 years? and
thousands and thousands of dollars!
We need a simple, equitable and transparent set of criteria. Meet those and
get your TLD.  Don't meet, don't get.
Jacqueline

--
Jacqueline Morris