ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] Revision of internal positions

  • To: Wendy Seltzer <wendy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [alac] Revision of internal positions
  • From: Vittorio Bertola <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 11:58:19 +0100

Il giorno mer, 22/02/2006 alle 14.15 -0500, Wendy Seltzer ha scritto:
> Thanks for the clarification.  If a team of chair and co-chairs would
> be able to accomplish ALAC work more effectively than individuals
> separately elected, I would be happy supporting that option.

I must say that, theoretically speaking, this issue would deserve
careful consideration, but, practically speaking, I think that in this
"historical moment" to act is more important than to ponder :-)

But I support Siavash's consideration that perhaps it will be easier to
identify the vice Chairs (or task force leaders for outreach and for
policy, as we like) once we have picked the Chair, so that each member
will then be able to decide whether to pick someone who is suggested by
the new Chair, or not.

In any case, I would still hope that, if we get more than one candidate
for Chair, we might find a way to accommodate them all in different
positions; there's just a few of us and we cannot afford to waste any
volunteering of time and energy.

So to proceed - may I ask for people who would like to be candidates for
Chair to step up by March 3rd (not 6th)? I would like to speed up the
process a bit, so that we can then have a discussion, and hold a vote on
March 8 to 15.