ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] Preparing Tel Conf Call

  • To: hongxue@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [alac] Preparing Tel Conf Call
  • From: Annette Muehlberg <annette.muehlberg@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 13:04:49 +0200

Dear Hong,

important point. We do not want to create a digital divide in our group.

We will clarify, that this can only be a supportive tool. Its use has to be made transparent to everyone taking part in the phone call.

Annette

hongxue@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Dear Annette,

Please consider how to ensure the equal participation of those who have NO
Internet access over the Conference Call. 13:30UTC will be 9:30pm in Hong Kong.
I don't have Internet at home.

Hong

Quoting Annette Muehlberg <annette.muehlberg@xxxxxx>:

Wendy Seltzer wrote:

May I suggest that those who are at computers also join an IRC chat? Do people prefer IRC or skype or AIM "chat"?

I prefer skype
a.

Would we be willing to open the backchannel to interested members of the public?

great idea.
a.

--Wendy