ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] Preparing Tel Conf Call

  • To: hongxue@xxxxxxxxxxxx, ALAC ICANN Denise Michel <michel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [alac] Preparing Tel Conf Call
  • From: Annette Muehlberg <annette.muehlberg@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 10:55:21 +0200

Dear Hong,

this is really bad, I am very sorry for you. Again, we had a lot of trouble with the conferencing services (ECI). Denise will try to make the service better, but it seems to be an ongoing hassle. (Roberto says, the Board has the same difficulties,...)

But as the telefon conference just helps us to get focused, the real work will be done online. Wendy already put up a Wiki for the minutes and we will all share our informations.

Would be great, if you could give us a short report on IDNs.

Best

Annette

hongxue@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I was waiting all night (from 13:30UTC to 21:00UTC) to be called but nothing
happened! Who can explain to me what had happened? My tel. no. is correctly
listed on that website. Why didn't the operator call me????

P.S. My tel. is OK and I checked it every 10 minutes last night.

Hong

Quoting Annette Muehlberg <annette.muehlberg@xxxxxx>:

Dear Hong,

important point. We do not want to create a digital divide in our group.

We will clarify, that this can only be a supportive tool. Its use has to be made transparent to everyone taking part in the phone call.

Annette

hongxue@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Dear Annette,

Please consider how to ensure the equal participation of those who have NO
Internet access over the Conference Call. 13:30UTC will be 9:30pm in Hong

Kong.

I don't have Internet at home.

Hong

Quoting Annette Muehlberg <annette.muehlberg@xxxxxx>:

Wendy Seltzer wrote:

May I suggest that those who are at computers also join an IRC chat? Do people prefer IRC or skype or AIM "chat"?

I prefer skype
a.

Would we be willing to open the backchannel to interested members of the public?

great idea.
a.

--Wendy