ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] ICANNtriva on pre-registration

  • To: Vittorio Bertola <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [alac] ICANNtriva on pre-registration
  • From: John L <johnl@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 11:12:17 -0400 (EDT)

I am not happy with forcing people to declare their true name at registration, but I am also not sure that letting totally unidentified people wander through the meeting is a good idea.

In my experience, you have to provide a name but they make no meaningful effort to verify that the name you provide is the one you usually use. It's not clear to me what purpose that serves other than to make bureaucrats feel productive.

Regards,
Chuck