ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

Re: [bc-gnso] Ballot for a new BC Charter -- suggestion on how to proceed -- "interim" charter, followed by thoughtful revision

  • To: BC gnso <bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [bc-gnso] Ballot for a new BC Charter -- suggestion on how to proceed -- "interim" charter, followed by thoughtful revision
  • From: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 08:05:12 -0500

hello all,

given that time is short, and we need to have a charter in place at Seoul, how about this for an idea?

- put forth at least two competing charters and vote between them, rather than on just one. maybe one of the proposed charters could be based on the staff-supplied charter template? either way the vote comes out, we'll have a charter (plus a sense of which charter approach the group prefers).

- approve an instruction to the (new) officers that we revise that interim charter in an orderly/thoughtful/less-harried way over the next three (two? six?) months

just a quick thought before jumping back into my submarine (er, car) for another rainy day of driving to New Orleans.

mikey