ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[cyber-safety-petition]

New CyberSafety Constituency Petition and Charter

  • To: cyber-safety-petition@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: New CyberSafety Constituency Petition and Charter
  • From: Matt <lyonm202@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 02:36:41 -0700

        Dear Sir,

I do not support this initiative "New CyberSafety Constituency Petition and Charter" as it is a mechanism to separate us from them. The intent to protect one group or class from another may appear to be pure in motives, but it is not. This is nothing but a grab for power using and abusing those very individuals, the weak and powerless, by those who seek to set the agenda. Once the wedge has been driven between us and them; a new threat will emerge that will only be remedied by giving more power to those who seek it. And who will be in change of deciding the "us group" from the "they group" ?

The internet is a reflection of the global community in its good and bad forms. No single person or organization should have the power to define or alter the community without our knowledge or consent.

Matt Lyon