ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[dssa]

Re: [dssa] Interesting article -- probably out of scope for us, but FYI

  • To: "dssa@xxxxxxxxx" <dssa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [dssa] Interesting article -- probably out of scope for us, but FYI
  • From: SM <sm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 23:29:03 -0700

On 9/13/2011 11:11 PM, James M Galvin wrote:
> It might be worth a short discussion of this distinction in our final
> report.

Explaining that people make mistakes when they type is probably out of
scope.

On 9/13/2011 11:16 PM, Patrik Fältström wrote:

> Just be aware of the fact that the discussions about "confusability"
that is part of the stability evaluation of for example new TLDs in the
gTLD process is around exactly these issues. Misunderstandings,
confusability etc. Similar with the variant discussion.

Yes.

It's better to have rough guidelines instead of rules to determine what
is out of scope.  It is good to have cases such as this one discussed as
it helps to flush out the issues and figure out what to do.

BTW, is the group discussing about security and stability of the DNS
infrastructure or security and stability of DNS?

Regards,
-sm