ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[dssa]

Re: [dssa] hm. does anybody have an authoritative source for the definition of "core registry functions"?

  • To: dssa@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [dssa] hm. does anybody have an authoritative source for the definition of "core registry functions"?
  • From: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 11:25:42 -0600

[snip -- lots of great up-thread conversation -- read that first if you're
joining here]

hi all,

thanks for all the thoughts on this thread so far, plus the comments on the
call yesterday.

i've decided to draw a little mind-map of all this stuff, partly to improve my
skills with our new-standard FreeMind tool and partly to clarify a few things.

i've attached two versions -- a PDF picture and a copy of the mind-map file.
if you want to join the Mind-Mapping Conspiracy, you can get the software here;

        http://freemind.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

the green blobs are included in our current inventory of Threat Events.  the
white blobs are excluded.  the white blobs that have question marks are
questions from your clueless pal Mikey -- these are things that i'm unsure
whether they exist or not, and am also unsure whether we should add them to our
list of Threat Events.

several questions;

1) do any of those question-mark things actually exist?  and if they do, should
we call them out as separate Threat Events if they're disrupted?

2) are there other pieces of "The DNS" that are missing?

3) anything else that you think should change or improve?

thanks!

mikey

phone   651-647-6109
fax             866-280-2356