ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[dt-motion-21may08]

Re: [NA-Discuss] [Fwd: [ALAC-Internal] FW: Call for Comments on GNSO Domain Tasting Motion ... ACTION Required for RALO's and ALS input]

  • To: John Levine <johnl@xxxxxxxx>, Evan Leibovitch <evan@xxxxxxxxx>, dt-motion-21may08@xxxxxxxxx, aheineman@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [NA-Discuss] [Fwd: [ALAC-Internal] FW: Call for Comments on GNSO Domain Tasting Motion ... ACTION Required for RALO's and ALS input]
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 20:55:56 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

John, Evan, and all,

  "Everyone", which in the NARALO is a paltry few already
spoke before the mis-communicated ALAC motion was submitted.
So I can only guess that someone is not reading their
Email fully.  The consensus, although unmeasured, was actually
that the AGP needed to go and/or be eliminated.

  INEGroup's members had determined a more reasoned and
practical solution that would allow for the AGP to remain,
but eliminate Domain Name Tasting, not limit it.  That solution
is short, would require registrars to modify their registration
software to only allow for 10 registrations/month per registrant,
and if any were requested to be dropped during the AGP, those
registrants would be banned from registering any domains for
a set period of time or only allowed to register one Domain
name per month for a period no less than one month and no
more than two years.  If that same registrant a second time
registered domain names in any name space and again let any of
them drop during the AGP he/she/it would be banned for a period
of one year from registering any domain names.  If that same
registrant or registrar a third time registered any number of
domain names in any name space and again let any of them drop
or be placed in a "Parking status" would be banned permanently
from ever registering any Domain names indefinitely AND the
registrar or registrars involved would have their Accreditation
revoked for a period of no less than 30 days and possibly
indefinitely and would release all domain names in those name
spaces to the pool for re-registration immediately.

  The ICANN staff itself would be responsible for oversight
and compliance of this policy and report all incidents publicly
for the publics review and notice.  All or any of the ICANN staff
members assigned to doing said oversight that failed to do it's
duty accordingly would be subject to retraining in good customer
relations at ICANN's and the registrars associated expense or be
summarily and immediately dismissed.