ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[eoi-new-gtlds]

EOI's

  • To: "eoi-new-gtlds@xxxxxxxxx" <eoi-new-gtlds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: EOI's
  • From: Matt Wills <matthewewills@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 09:37:24 -0800 (PST)

Dear Members of ICANN,

I support the new expressions of interest, and would like to focus on a
specific question asked by ICANN on their page that discusses the proposed
program (http://icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-11nov09-en.htm), namely
“How do we ensure that participation in the EOI accurately represents the level
of interest?”. I’m frankly baffled that ICANN is still unsure of the level of
interest in new TLDs given the enormous number of declarations of intent to
apply for specific new TLDs, not to mention the level of participation in
ICANN-sponsored forums dedicated to the subject. There is clearly a very high
level of interest in new TLDs. This interest may be due to a variety of reasons
(interest in representing a geographic community online, interest in a new
class of service using the DNS, or simply the profit motive), but I find it
hard to believe that anyone can deny the significant level of interest in new
TLDs.

Sincerely,

Matthew Wills
Business Owner, Lexington, Kentucky