ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[eoi-new-gtlds]

gTLDS

  • To: eoi-new-gtlds@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: gTLDS
  • From: James Borow <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 10:48:55 -0800

Hello,

I’d like to chime in on the proposed Expressions of Internet in new gTLDs.

I think this is a great idea. Instead of continuing to debate the
level of interest in new gTLDs, let’s see who is actually interested
in applying. I see no downside to putting the expressions of interest
on a parallel track with putting the final touches on the applicant
guidebook.

I do think, however, that it is important to restrict the universe of
final applicants to those who submit expressions of interest, with a
deposit, at least some of which is non-refundable. Otherwise, there’s
no incentive to submit an EOI.

Best regards,

James Borow

CEO