ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-acc-sgb]

Re: [gnso-acc-sgb] elaboration on the Blob topology

  • To: gnso-acc-sgb@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-acc-sgb] elaboration on the Blob topology
  • From: Dan Krimm <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 14:43:16 -0700

Thanks Ross,

I was assuming that "do-ability" is part of "implementation" -- at the very
least it is a parameter that constrains any potential implementation.

My basic question here is: what is do-able with regard to the blob model
and "multiple keys"?

That is, how does it work in detail?  Until I understand what exactly you
are proposing with regard to multiple keys, I can't even begin to think
about whether it is do-able, or whether it would constitute sound policy.

How exactly would use of multiple keys work?  And how would that affect the
question of breaches and protection of privacy?

In short: is the creation of a "multiple-key decryption" paradigm for
encrypted blobs actually do-able?

If it is, I don't currently understand how, or perhaps I simply don't
understand what you mean by it.  Could you give me just one clear and
tangible example as a demonstration/description of the idea?  It doesn't
have to be etched in stone, we're just brainstorming here right now, aren't
we?

Thanks,
Dan