ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-acc-sgb]

[gnso-acc-sgb] ESA proposal for sub-group (b) of Whois Working Group

  • To: <gnso-acc-sgb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-acc-sgb] ESA proposal for sub-group (b) of Whois Working Group
  • From: "Michael Warnecke" <mwarnecke@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 11:01:26 -0400

Dear sub-group (b),

I would like to submit the attached proposal for consideration.

The Whois system serves as a vital tool in our efforts, and those of our
members, to combat online piracy.  It is our strong preference that the
current system continue, without encumbering the Whois service with new
restrictions that might compromise not only our own enforcement efforts
but a variety of other legitimate purposes for which users routinely
query the databases.

Mindful, however, that the mandate of this working group is to address
implementation issues surrounding OPoC, we offer the following proposal
as an alternative approach in an effort to move the conversation
forward.

Cordially,

Michael Warnecke

Michael Warnecke