ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-arr-dt]

Re: [gnso-arr-dt] Some ideas for a process for GNSO endorsement of AoC Review Team Volunteers

  • To: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-arr-dt] Some ideas for a process for GNSO endorsement of AoC Review Team Volunteers
  • From: William Drake <william.drake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 09:41:40 +0100

Morning Chuck,

On Feb 7, 2010, at 3:08 AM, Gomes, Chuck wrote:

> BTW, my comment c) was not intended to be part of the plan.  I was simply
> trying to be transparent about the fact that the proposal as worded could
> result in that outcome.  I will create a clear version of the proposal as
> submitted and propose a change to deal with this concern.

Sorry, to me a number of the points in the Notes don't appear to necessarily
follow from the Proposed Details but rather are additional, so I didn't pick up
on their status.  Either way though we get to the same place since people are
going to ask what the plan would mean for distribution and diversity of
nominees.

On Feb 7, 2010, at 2:54 AM, Gomes, Chuck wrote:

> ICANN's call for volunteers has already gone out.  I do not believe that time
> will allow for a GNSO call for volunteers so it is important for all of us to
> spread the word and encourage volunteers from various geographical  regions
> and of different gender.

If we adopt on the 18th additional qualifications requirements and procedures
for selecting GNSO candidates, we'd have to notify the community so applicants
know what to do & expect, no?  Or are you suggesting we give up on the former
and only define and post the latter?  Or am I missing the point and in need of
more coffee?

BTW does anyone know how the other SO/ACs are approaching all this?  I assume
there are parallel discussions going on out there...

Best,

Bill