ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-arr-dt]

Re: [gnso-arr-dt] Draft permanent RT endorsement process

  • To: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-arr-dt] Draft permanent RT endorsement process
  • From: William Drake <william.drake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 20:45:15 +0200

Hi

On May 25, 2010, at 8:35 PM, Gomes, Chuck wrote:

> Thanks Bill for getting this moving and thanks Caroline for your edits.
> I added some suggested edits.

Chuck, the doc you attached is the old one from the accountability transparent
team.  Luckily the edits from you shown are from February, so I think you just
attached the wrong one rather than editing the wrong one.  Please send along
your edits of today's version....

> Chuck

Thanks for catching these, as I said I was rushing. First one was a whopper.
2nd and 3rd we are two people divided by a common language, but I'll roll with
whatever the group sense is. 4th and 5th agreed.

Chuck, I guess edit this version and resend?

Best,

Bill

>> We seem to have relaxed the gender diversity requirement? We
> previously
>> said no more than 2/3 coming from one gender and now we are saying the
>> applicants can't all be of the one gender. That change is fine by me
>> but I just wondered if I had missed that discussion somewhere along
> the
>> way.
>>

>> Are we expecting the Council to be ready to vote on additional
>> candidates if the diversity needs piece kicks in? It strikes me that
>> some preparation might need to be done if that need arises as I don't
>> know if Councilors would be ready to vote on the call straight away.
>> Perhaps we can avoid this difficulty by doing some prep work
> beforehand
>> to figure out who will end up as being endorsed......or we see how we
>> get on and if some folks aren't ready, we do a quick follow up Council
>> call?
>>
>> Caroline.

William J. Drake
Senior Associate