ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ccwg-dt]

Re: [gnso-ccwg-dt] Some more suggested edits to the principles document

  • To: "gnso-ccwg-dt@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-ccwg-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-ccwg-dt] Some more suggested edits to the principles document
  • From: Wendy Seltzer <wendy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 16:08:29 -0500

As mentioned in the call, I think it would be helpful to include some
explicit limitations on CWGs' work, namely:
CWGs' output must not be taken as an expression of community consensus,
except as it may be endorsed as such by its chartering organization(s).

Now a CWG's charter could override that provision, with explicit
reference, giving people notice that unless they participated in the
CWG, they'd risk losing opportunity to object. But in the ordinary
course, I think limitations on the use of CWGs' output makes the groups
themselves more flexible and easier to establish.

--Wendy

--
Wendy Seltzer -- wendy@xxxxxxxxxxx +1 914-374-0613
Fellow, Yale Law School Information Society Project