ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ccwg-dt]

RE: [gnso-ccwg-dt] Some "do" and "don't" ideas -- hat-tip to Wendy

  • To: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>, "gnso-ccwg-dt@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-ccwg-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-ccwg-dt] Some "do" and "don't" ideas -- hat-tip to Wendy
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 18:02:42 +0000

I appreciate the three-way discussion.

Regarding WG reports, I want to add a few thoughts.  I appreciate that regular
WG reports can be a useful management tool; I use them that way myself.  But
'weekly' reports probably may not make sense when a group meets biweekly or
monthly, so I think that we should consider something like this:  "brief status
reports following each WG meeting providing at least 48 hours in advance of the
next meeting".  Regarding reports for the Councils, I would suggest providing
those at the same frequency as Council meetings, at least 8 calendar days in
advance of those meetings and would also suggest that they be provided at a
high level, no longer than one page, shorter if possible.  I think that more
comprehensive reports should be provided at least 3 times a year at least 15
calendar days in advance of ICANN international meetings or such other time as
might be needed.

Chuck