ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-consensus-wg]

Re: [gnso-consensus-wg] Discussion paper

  • To: gnso-consensus-wg@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-consensus-wg] Discussion paper
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 10:07:23 +0200

Hi,

Perhaps I was using a different meaning of denigrate then is usual. It is a use I use a lot when speaking about pieces of a system or protocol which are no longer perceived of as useful. Since ICANN is a body with technical/policy role, I thought the usage would be clear.

The nomcom fits a role within the system. You are looking to redesign the system and arguing that within this system the nomcom appointee no longer serves a purpose. That, to me, is a denigration. And that is what I think I was arguing against.

I did not mean to say you were saying nasty things about us personally or blackening our names.

a.