ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-consensus-wg]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Re: [gnso-consensus-wg] Nom Comm appointee roles

• To: gnso-consensus-wg@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-consensus-wg] Nom Comm appointee roles
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 00:08:00 -0400

On 13 Jul 2008, at 23:33, Milton L Mueller wrote:

Avri, for example, is a member of two or three organizations that have NCUC membership.

I want to point out that I am only a lowly dues paying or associate member in those organizations and would never be in a position to be someone they picked as a representative to the NCUC.

She could, in the future, also join it as an individual

I also have no intention of joining the NCUC as an individual member. And would probably not consider it even if individuals were being offered a vote. I may however, after I have finished my nomcom service in 2009 (or before if the decision of the board is to eject us from the council), join an independent registrants constituency. Then again I might get a job in a commercial outfit (I was employed in the Networking Industry for 25 years before becoming an academic) and work with the Commercial side if they will have me. Or I might get a job with an IGO and help with GAC. Or indeed I may end up walking away from ICANN altogether when my current service is done. I do not know what I will do vis a vis ICANN after the last meeting of 2009.

I wrote this just to make sure that no one takes what Milton has written about the possibilities of my joining the NCUC as any indication of my future plans.

a.

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy