ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-consensus-wg]

RE: [gnso-consensus-wg] Nom Comm appointee roles

  • To: "Avri Doria" <avri@xxxxxxx>, <gnso-consensus-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-consensus-wg] Nom Comm appointee roles
  • From: "Milton L Mueller" <mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 00:03:51 -0400

I'm still puzzled, Avri. It would seem that your argument is the
contradictory one.

Remember, you are the one who called GNSO Councilors "insiders," not me.
I simply pointed out that the people who select Nomcom appointees are,
by your own definition, "insiders" as well.

So you still haven't explained why Councilors selected by Nomcom are
qualitatively different than those selected by a constituency
membership.

If a bunch of business, technical and noncommercial delegates have to
agree on appointments via the Nomcom, isn't it likely that they will
select a series of appointees who are balanced across business and
noncommercial perspectives? If so, how is that different from adding
another seat to the Commercial and Noncommercial SG?