ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-consensus-wg]

RE: [gnso-consensus-wg] New GNSO Reform Concept

  • To: "Nevett, Jonathon" <jnevett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Philip Sheppard" <philip.sheppard@xxxxxx>, <gnso-consensus-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-consensus-wg] New GNSO Reform Concept
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 11:54:30 -0400

Whereas I think that Jon's proposal has potential and support further
investigation, I want to point out the following: If only a simple
majority of each house is needed to approve a consensus policy then, as
Jon's example below illustrates, be possible for a consensus policy to
be approved without any support of two stakeholder groups, one in each
house.  I don't think that would be consensus.  What about requiring 60%
for consensus and a higher threshold for supermajority?

Chuck