ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-consensus-wg]

Re: [gnso-consensus-wg] New GNSO Reform Concept

  • To: gnso-consensus-wg@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-consensus-wg] New GNSO Reform Concept
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 13:27:01 -0400

hi,

a question about the bicameral solution from one of my fellow NAs:

is the NA appointed by the nomcom specifically for the assigned chamber? or does the chamber choose from a slate of potential NAs?

and a few that occur to me.

- is the one commercial NA non commercial  NA formula still applicable?

- will the numbers of participants in each of the chambers be preset by by-law or will it be up to the machinations within each of the chambers? can a chamber that starts off with internal parity decide to move away from such parity?

btw, the more i think about this solution the more i believe it is way complex and likely to have many unintended effects. one positive unintended effect will be that we will be more then able to accommodate requests for longer review cycles.

a.