ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-consensus-wg]

[gnso-consensus-wg] New GNSO Reform Concept

  • To: gnso-consensus-wg@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [gnso-consensus-wg] New GNSO Reform Concept
  • From: philip.sheppard@xxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 17:47:48 +0200 (CEST)

A suggestion.

We have no time to refine the bicameral proposal to be perfect. There is
an way an overlap with the new work on the PDP. In our remaining time lets
delete the bit on PDP thresholds and simple add in the principles we want
addresed if the Board goes with the basic idea of the bi cameral.

Principles may include:
- the voting strucure for policy should not provide any one consituency a
veto.
- the voting stucture for binding policy must ....
- etc

Our job done - then a new group to work through the details.
Philip