ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-consensus-wg]

5.a.1 Re: [gnso-consensus-wg] GNSO Consensus Current Thinking

  • To: gnso-consensus-wg@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: 5.a.1 Re: [gnso-consensus-wg] GNSO Consensus Current Thinking
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 18:08:45 +0200

On 24 Jul 2008, at 16:16, Bertrand de La Chapelle wrote:

i. Contracted Parties Council elects Seat 13 by a majority vote and User Council elects Seat 14 by a majority vote without Nominating Committee representatives voting. Criteria for Seats 13 and 14 would be that both may not be held by individuals who are employed by, an agent of, or receive any compensation from an ICANN- accredited registry or registrar, nor may they both be held by individuals who are appointed members of or directly involved in one of the GNSO user stakeholder groups.

I thought we moved away from disenfranchisement to a 60% threshold. I do not accept the first clause's restriction against nomcom appointees voting in the election.

Also, I still believe that the Board representative should be elected by the entire council and not just one of the chambers. i think making one chamber responsible for the nomination is a good alternative, but i think ti weakens the Board member to have only been elected by half the group.

a.