ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-consensus-wg]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Re: [gnso-consensus-wg] GNSO Consensus Current Thinking

• To: gnso-consensus-wg@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-consensus-wg] GNSO Consensus Current Thinking
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 22:42:09 +0200

Hi,

I am assuming this chair is a non voting chair.

Or at least it is if it is held by the At-large NA (assuming the notion of having that third NA finds favor with this group).

If someone from one of the houses was elected to the chair would it still be a non voting chair? would that person be replaced in the her/his house by a voting person?

would the default chair be allowed to be elected as the chair, or can he/she only be a default chair if no one else is choosable?

i know we never got t thinking much about how to elect a chair in the bi-cameral model, but i started thinking through how this proposal might work.

a.

On 24 Jul 2008, at 17:30, Nevett, Jonathon wrote:

In fact, let me propose that the at-large NomCom rep serve as the non-voting chair unless there is a majority vote by both houses electing someone else. That way we have a default Chair in case there isn’t majority support from both houses. If there is a Chair elected from one of the houses, then the at-large NomCom rep becomes a Vice Chair in lieu of the Vice Chair elected from that house.

Essentially the leadership team will be one rep from each house plus one at-large NomCom rep.

Thanks.

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy