ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

Re: [gnso-dow123] Other correspondence with ICANN - GNR

  • To: Thomas Roessler <roessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-dow123] Other correspondence with ICANN - GNR
  • From: Vittorio Bertola <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 13:34:55 +0100

Thomas Roessler ha scritto:
Please also note the following letter from a group of privacy
commissioners to ICANN:

http://www.icann.org/correspondence/garstka-to-lynn-15jan03.htm

Also, I'd suggest to count the Article 29 WP's document on WHOIS,
and the subsequent talk by the European Commission's Diana
Alonso-Blas at the Montreal WHOIS Workshop, as a government
communication to ICANN.

I also remember the Secretary General of the Italian Privacy Authority speaking at a special session organized by the NCUC at the Rome meeting, I guess someone has minutes of that.

But in the end, I guess all of us are aware of the different positions that one given government may have in respect to others... do we really need to come up with pointers and documents again? In the end, we can't pretend that national laws don't exist just because the related national authority never wrote to ICANN.
--
vb. [Vittorio Bertola - v.bertola [a] bertola.eu.org]<-----
http://bertola.eu.org/ <- Prima o poi...