ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

[gnso-dow123] Matrix of current WHOIS work items

  • Subject: [gnso-dow123] Matrix of current WHOIS work items
  • From: "Maria Farrell" <maria.farrell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 17:28:00 -0700

Dear all,

I attach a Word document with a matrix of the current work items relating to
Whois.  This aims give a bird's eye view of all the current issues and where
they are in the process.

ICANN staff are working to improve our reporting on policy issues - this
matrix represents a step in that direction. We are looking at better
reporting and also process tracking tools for the work of the GNSO as a
whole.  The matrix is a static snapshot of WHOIS work today, but we're also
looking at ways to capture, track and perhaps even visually represent
individual policy items as they move through the policy process.   If you
have the time to consider this, I'd really appreciate your input on how
helpful or otherwise this matrix is.

As we move forward, I will continue to update this matrix (or an evolved
version of it, based on your input).  We also plan to extend a similar type
of reporting to the overall GNSO Council work items.

I've tried to make the WHOIS matrix comprehensive and up to date, but please
do let me know if you think of something I've missed.

Many thanks, Maria