ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

[gnso-dow123] Revised special circumstances proposal

  • To: <jordyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <gnso-dow123@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-dow123] Revised special circumstances proposal
  • From: "Metalitz, Steven" <met@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 08:34:03 -0800

As indicated earlier this week, I have prepared a revised version of the
special circumstances proposal.  Most of the changes are organizational
rather than substantive.  I have re-organized the document so that the
proposal comes first, and the discussion of .NL afterwards, and also
re-organized the 9 points of the earlier draft into 12. In addition:

Point 2 (of the revised draft): An individual would only be able to hold
a limited number of "special circumstances" registrations.

Point 5:  Special circumstances applications would be submitted via
registrars -- the option of providing a link where the registrant could
apply directly to the vendor is now listed as a variant.

Point 7: for a new registrant, the domain name would not be allowed to
resolve (e.g. to a website) while the special circumstances application
is pending.

Point 10: I have added that special circumstances designations are not
transferable.

Point 11: The procedure for accessing contact information based on a
legitimate complaint of abuse should be coordinated with existing
procedures (e.g., UDRP).

I look forward to discussing the proposal on Monday.

Steve Metalitz