ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ff-pdp-may08]

Re: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] fast flux numbers lately

  • To: <gaaron@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Dave Piscitello'" <dave.piscitello@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Martin Hall'" <martinh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Fast Flux Workgroup'" <gnso-ff-pdp-May08@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] fast flux numbers lately
  • From: jose nazario <jose@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 18:08:48 -0500

On 11/20/08 11:58 AM, "Greg Aaron" <gaaron@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yes, these are useful basic stats.  Jose and Martin, do you have any
> objections to including the numbers in the report, and if not, how would you
> describe your metrics?  (# fluxing domains observed, per day, over time,
> etc.)

I have no objections. Ours are "active" fast flux domains within any 24h
window; we wait 24h from the time that any name MAY have been parked or
discontinued to call it inactive.

> Each provider finds names, and decides which to monitor, in different ways I
> am guessing.

Yes, discovery and qualification differ. We have described our metrics in a
paper from earlier this year.

Now to figure out why martin's numbers are so much higher than ours. :)
gotta improve our discovery.

-- jose