[gnso-geo-dg] Principles for ICANN Region discussion
- To: <gnso-geo-dg@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [gnso-geo-dg] Principles for ICANN Region discussion
- From: "Philip Sheppard" <philip.sheppard@xxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 09:25:47 +0200
1. The designation of ICANN regions should take into consideration the varying
concerns, and interests of the users and residents of various parts of the
designation of regions should provide the opportunity for those diverse views
to be fairly
represented within ICANN processes.
2. Sufficient outreach should be undertaken to understand as fully as possible
views, concerns, and interests of users and residents around the world.
I support principle one. And I admire principle 2. But the practical output of
is a huge task, requiring millions of dollars to do well. Moreover, the result
outreach would always be overly complex to subsequently apply in a practical
the ICANN Board to make geo-political and cultural judgement.
Is this really what we want to propose ?