ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-idn-wg]

[gnso-idn-wg] Ram Mohan Statement of Interest

  • To: <gnso-idn-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-idn-wg] Ram Mohan Statement of Interest
  • From: "Ram Mohan" <rmohan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 03:42:36 -0400

WG Members,

One of the reasons Statements of Interest are important to be (a) filed, and
(b) include financial and especially IDN interests is to later avoid "fox
guarding the henhouse" situations, where policy-makers do not disclose their
interests while making policy, and later go on to utilize such policy that
might have been beneficial to their hitherto unstated interests.

As a result, I exhort you to submit your Statements of Interest, that cover
at least the following key areas:

1. Current vocation, employer and position

2. Type of work performed in 1 above

3.  Financial ownership or management leadership of registries, registrars
or other firms that are interested parties in IDNs.

4. Type of commercial interest in IDNs.

If you have already submitted a Statement of Interest, please review it to
ensure you have covered items 1-4 above.  Glen will assist in providing to
the WG membership a list of individuals who are not compliant with the SOI
at the end of the day on Friday, March 23.

Regards,

Ram

Statement of Interest of Ram Mohan

I manage business operations, strategy and technology for Afilias Limited,
the ICANN designated registry operator of the .INFO gTLD.

Afilias is the registry services provider for several gTLD, sTLD and ccTLD
registries, including .ORG, .MOBI, .ASIA and .AERO.

I own shares in several registrars and registries.  In do not own a material
number of shares in any instance, and am not a controlling shareholder or
board member.

Afilias is keenly interested in IDNs, has a commercial interest in the
launch of IDNs, and intends to apply for IDN TLDs.

Ram Mohan
Vice President, Business Operations
Chief Technology Officer
Afilias ( <http://www.afilias.info/> http://www.afilias.info)
p: +1.215.706.5700 x103; f: +1.215.706.5701
m: +1.215.431.0958
e:  <mailto:rmohan@xxxxxxxxxxxx> rmohan@xxxxxxxxxxxx | skype: gliderpilot30