ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-idn-wg]

Re: [gnso-idn-wg] Hong Xue Statement of Interest

  • To: rmohan@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-idn-wg] Hong Xue Statement of Interest
  • From: "Hong Xue" <hongxueipr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 11:33:29 -0400

I am the liaison from ICANN's At-Large Advisory Committee (ALAC). I'm a
full professor of law in China University of Political Science and Law,
which is in Beijing, China. In the academic year of 2006-2007, I'm
a visiting fellow of Information Society Project, Yale University, New
Haven, CT, USA. In above positions, I'm doing teaching and research works.
My publications on IDN issues include: "The Voice of China: A Story of
Chinese Character Domain Names"( New York:Cardozo Journal of International
Comparative Law, Vol. 12, No. 2, Fall 2004, P. 559-592) and "Territorialism
versus Universalism: International Intellectual Property Law in the
Internationalized Domain Name System"(Oxford: the Journal of World
Intellectual Property, 2006, 9: 1-24).

I don't have any financial or management connection with any registry,
registrar or other firm that is interested parties in IDNs. I have no any type
of commercial interest in IDNs.

Hong
ALAC Liaison