ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-idng]

Re: [gnso-idng] June 17, 22:00UTC meeting [RE: Reminder - DOODLE / IDNG WG Motion Draft2]

  • To: Edmon Chung <edmon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'GNSO Secretariat'" <gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxx>, <gnso-idng@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-idng] June 17, 22:00UTC meeting [RE: Reminder - DOODLE / IDNG WG Motion Draft2]
  • From: Stéphane Van Gelder <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 13:34:54 +0200

Hello Edmon,

I¹ve just filled in the Doodle to indicate that I could not make any of the
proposed times.

I find it unreasonable to expect this group¹s participants to take part in a
meeting at such short notice and so soon before an ICANN meeting. Most of us
will either be travelling (that¹s the case for me) or too jet-lagged to be
able to attend.

To me, this is yet another indication that this discussion, and the
subsequent motion, is being rushed through.

I would suggest this meeting be scheduled in Sydney (if possible still) or
just after so that all members of the group can participate in a meaningful
way and that no motion be tabled until then.

Thanks,

Stéphane