ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-idng]

Re: [gnso-idng] IDNG WG Motion Draft2

  • To: gnso-idng@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-idng] IDNG WG Motion Draft2
  • From: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 07:44:54 -0400

I agree completely with your comment and would (if asked) support them. The difference between what you said and the previous discussion is that you are raising issued of fairness to gTLDs and having a level playing field as opposed to targeting advice on how to fix that problem by adjusting ICANN ccTLD policy. The result may be the same, and there may be little alternative to the suggestions I was commenting on, but I don't see it as the role of the GNSO to raise those particular solutions.

Alan