ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-idng]

Re: Process forward [RE: [gnso-idng] restarting discussions on IDN gTLD]

  • To: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Process forward [RE: [gnso-idng] restarting discussions on IDN gTLD]
  • From: Eric Brunner-Williams <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 10:40:20 -0500

Thanks Chuck, it was my recollection that the GNSO did not take the position that the ccNSO should be prevented from offering IDN until the GNSO was allowed to offer additional ASCII inventories, only that the cc and g IDN inventory offerings should be within a curable duration from each other.

Eric

Gomes, Chuck wrote:
Two clarifications: 1) It is a GNSO as a whole position, not just the RySG,
that neither IDN ccTLDs or IDN gTLDs should proceed the other; 2) there was no
exception of the IDN ccTLD fast track.  The position went on to say, if one did
proceed before the other, that arrangements should be made to minimize possible
problems. (Note I am not quoting exact wording.)

Chuck