ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-igo-ingo]

RE: [gnso-igo-ingo] IGO-INGO Initial Report - Latest Draft Version

  • To: Berry Cobb <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-igo-ingo] IGO-INGO Initial Report - Latest Draft Version
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 23:25:15 +0000

Thanks Berry.  Because I will not be able to attend the meeting tomorrow and
because there would not be time to discuss all of my comments and suggested
edits, I created the attached version.  In all cases, I inserted a comment if I
made a change or wanted to make a point so that it should be easy to find all
of by changes (even minor edits) or comments by simply looking for comments by
CG.

I don't think I made any material edits except in a few cases where I corrected
statements that I thought were incorrect. There were a few places where
sentences didn't make sense to me so I tried to fix them; please check those to
make sure I edited them to say what was intended.  Also, I want to call
attention to my comment 63 where I quoted guidebook text showing that there are
limits to funding of government objections; I suggested one way to cover this
in the text but welcome alternative approaches.

Overall, I think the document is very close to being ready depending on how the
call goes tomorrow.  To facilitate the discussion on the call, I suggest that
the group look at the following comments from me:  CG30, CG31, CG32 & CG35 on
p.18; CG36 on p.19; CG63 on p.26; and CG95 on p.33.   Of course, I welcome
discussion of any other edits suggested by me or David Maher either added in
this version or previously.

In the posted version, a lot of the comments can be deleted, but as I stated in
an earlier message today, some them might be helpful to leave.  But I will
leave that decision to the group.

Have a good meeting.

Chuck