ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-improvem-impl-sc]

[gnso-improvem-impl-sc] Re: New Referral Request to the Standing Committee for GNSO Improvements Implementation

  • To: "Aikman-Scalese, Anne" <AAikman@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'Rudi Vansnick'" <rudi.vansnick@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-improvem-impl-sc] Re: New Referral Request to the Standing Committee for GNSO Improvements Implementation
  • From: Julie Hedlund <julie.hedlund@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 21:12:08 +0000

Dear Anne,

Thank you very much concerning the meetings.  We'll see if December 10 works
for Rudi and thank you for the reminder about the call for members.  I can
take care of that message if you like.

With respect to the SCI Chair, I've included below the relevant procedures
from the Charter, which notes that a call for volunteers should go out in
December.  I had planned to send that out.  Here is the text:

> "In December of each year, the SCI will ask for volunteers from its primary
> members to serve as Chair and Vice Chair.  If the current Chair or Vice Chair
> is not term limited, wishes to continue for a second year, and there are no
> other volunteers, no election will be held.  If there is more than one
> volunteer for either position, the following procedure will be followed:
>
> 1. If there are only two candidates for Chair and no candidates for Vice
> Chair, the GNSO Secretariat will conduct an election via e-mail ballot and
> tally the results after one week. The losing candidate will have the option of
> accepting the position of Vice Chair.  If he or she elects not to accept this
> position, the SCI will ask for volunteers for Vice Chair; or
>
>  2. If there are more than two candidates for the Chair or one or more
> candidates for Vice Chair, the GNSO Secretariat will conduct an election for
> each position via e-mail ballot and tally the results after one week.  In the
> event no one candidate receives a clear majority, the GNSO Secretariat will
> conduct an election between the two candidates receiving the most votes via
> email ballot and tally the results after one week."

Kind regards,
Julie