ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-iocrc-dt]

RE: [gnso-iocrc-dt] IOCR discussion group - MP3, attendance 26 September 2012

  • To: "avri@xxxxxxx" <avri@xxxxxxx>, Wendy Seltzer <wendy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-iocrc-dt] IOCR discussion group - MP3, attendance 26 September 2012
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 18:37:49 +0000

Avri,

I find it surprising that you are approaching this in an emotional way.  Where
you and I do not always agree on positions, I have always found you to be
objective.  How am I trying to divide and conquer?  Why would I do that?  I
honestly felt that it was wrong to imply that disagreement was suppressed
because that questions the integrity of the process, especially when I strongly
believe there was not one bit of evidence to support that.

I have absolutely no problem with the NCSG opposing recommendation 2 and in
fact was quite surprised in the call yesterday when I thought I understood
otherwise because you have been very clear on that.  That needed to be
corrected and you did that.

If there is ever evidence of suppressing disagreement, it should be called out,
but making suggestions that it happened is not constructive to our work when no
such evidence exists.

Chuck