ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtp-b-jun09]

RE: [gnso-irtp-b-jun09] Some definitions & concepts to inform our work

  • To: "James M. Bladel" <jbladel@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Michael Collins <mc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-irtp-b-jun09] Some definitions & concepts to inform our work
  • From: Olof Nordling <olof.nordling@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 02:20:24 -0700

James and all,
As I briefly mentioned during the call yesterday, I believe a clearer
connection to the registered name holder would be useful for your definition of
"SHOPPER or CUSTOMER". Perhaps like this: "The person or entity that has access
to the Registrar control system and is authorized to use it on behalf the
Registered Name Holder."

Moreover, the last part in your definition ", and has accepted the Registration
Agreement" could (unintentionally?) confine the definition to the Registered
Name Holder, since that's the only one that can enter the Registration
Agreement according to RAA 3.7.7. ("Registrar shall require all Registered Name
Holders to enter into an electronic or paper registration agreement with
Registrar including at least.....")

Thoughts on that?

BTW - could "REQUESTER" be a more transfer-specific alternative to "SHOPPER or
CUSTOMER"?

Best regards
Olof